HX60/28 WAVIN HEP2O 28MM SMARTSLEEVE PIPESUPPORT
Manufacturers part number: HX60/28
Wavin Hep2O SmartSleeve® Pipe Support/Liner/Insert, 28mm.
Before making a joint using Hep2O pipe, it is essential to insert a Hep2O SmartSleeve® pipe support sleeve into the cut pipe end. The only exception is when connecting to the open spigot end of a Hep2O fitting. In4Sure® joint recognition tells you when the pipe's inserted. Just insert the pipe into the fitting then rotate it. If it's fully inserted you'll feel a ‘rumbling' sensation, caused by the profiled end of the pipe support sleeve making contact with the castellated seat inside the fitting.
The SmartSleeve® features and benefits:
- It ensures the pipe retains its circular cross-section.
- It eases insertion of the pipe into the fitting - reduces the force required to push the pipe into the fitting.
- The profiled end of the SmartSleeve® helps you to check the pipe is fully inserted.
- It maintains the rigidity of the pipe within the fitting.
- It retains the circular cross-section of the pipe under extreme temperatures.
- Barbs on the SmartSleeve® lock it in the pipe, which helps ensure it is not left in the fitting when demounting.
- Manufactured from ‘food quality' 316 stainless steel and impervious to contaminants.
- Designed to be captive in the pipe but can be removed if required, using long nosed pliers. However, if damaged, the SmartSleeve® must not be re-used.
- Material: Stainless Steel.
- Colour: Self.
- Note: SmartSleeve® support sleeve is an integral part of the system and should NEVER be omitted when using Hep2O pipe.
For more detailed information, please refer to Hep2O Installer Guide.
Hep2O is Kitemarked to Class S of BS 7291, parts 1 and 2 and is manufactured within a Quality Management System which satisfies BS EN ISO 9002.
Hep2O is also approved by WRAS - deemed safe for use in the supply of drinking water.
Hep2O Guarantee - As a result of its rigorous Quality Management programme, Hep2O carries a 50 year guarantee against defect in materials or manufacturing of all its pipe and fittings.