MIRA Gem 88 EV Shower Kit, Chrome Plated, 1.1557.001
*** THIS PRODUCT IS NOW DISCONTINUED. ***
*** PLEASE NOTE: This product is now discontinued and no longer available for order. We recommend MIRA Combiforce 415 EV Sequential Shower (MPN 1.1542.001) or MIRA Excel EV Shower (MPN 1.1518.300) if your are looking for a similar shower. Thank you. ***
The MIRA Gem 88 Exposed Valve (EV) Shower Mixer Kit 1.1557.001 is Mira Gem 88 dual control wall-mounted mixing valve, complete with Mira Response EV shower fittings kit: a 4-spray Ø90mm handset with rub-clean nozzles, supplied complete with flexible hose, adjustable clamp bracket assembly, 600mm slide bar and supports, soap dish and hose retaining ring; designed for wall-mounted installations in low pressure systems; Chrome finish.
The Mira Gem 88 EV - simply reliable. A refreshingly reliable performance, with clever anti-limescale technology.
The Mira Gem 88 is suitable for installation with the following:
- Gravity fed systems (balanced pressure hot and cold);
- Pumped systems (balanced pressure hot and cold);
- Unvented thermal store* (balanced pressure hot and cold);
- Unvented systems* (balanced pressure hot and cold).
* Fitted with a pressure reducing valve (PRV) recommended to be set at 3.5 bar.
Important: The Mira Gem 88 is not suitable for mains pressure (cold) with gravity pressure (hot) or combination boilers/instantaneous water heaters.
The Mira Gem 88 EV Shower Kit features and benefits:
- Control type: Manual temperature control.
- Simple to use separate flow and temperature control handles.
- Magni-flo™ gives up to 3 times more flow than similar mixer showers even at low pressure.
- Clearscale™ technology cuts limescale by half for a better performing, longer lasting shower, ideal if you live in hard water area.
- Easy to fit: Quickly and easily fits onto reversed inlet supplies, also has adjustable inlets (between 149-154mm) for retro-fitting Gem 88 EV onto existing pipework.
- Easy to service: Replaceable ceramic cartridge.
- Suitable for low pressure systems.
- Showerhead: Ø90mm; with partial rub-clean rubber nozzles for easy cleaning; 4 spray patterns: Start/Soothe/Force/Economy; supplied with flexible shower hose.
- Shower Rail: 600mm, supplied with clamp bracket assembly, soap dish and hose retaining ring.
- Recommended application: Domestic/Light commercial.
- Colour: Chrome.
- WRAS approved.
- Mira Manufacturer's Guarantee: Domestic installations - 1 years (shower fittings - 1 year); Non-domestic installations - 1 year.
The Mira Gem 88 EV Shower Kit specifications:
- Water entry points: Rising, falling or rear.
- Inlet connections: 15mm compression..
- Outlet connections: ½" BSP male flat face.
- Optimum thermostatic control range: 35°C-45°C (achieved with supplies of 15°C cold, 65°C hot and nominally equal pressures).
- Cold water range: up to 25°C.
- Hot water range: 50°C-85°C (operating); 55°C-65°C (recommended).
- Maintained pressure, Min/Max: 0.1/5.0 bar.
- Flow rate (at handset): 13 ltr/min at 0.5 bar.
- Temperature stability: ± 2°C.
- 153mm pipe centres for rear supply connections, 151mm for rising/falling supply connections.
- Please note: The Mira Gem 88 is not a thermostatic shower control and does not sense supply temperature or pressure variations. Therefore, inlet water temperatures and pressures especially the hot, should be relatively constant in order to maintain a stable showering temperature.
- Dimensions, mm: Please see pictures.