ROTHENBERGER RP 50 Manual Pressure Testing Pump,
Manufacturers part number: HX81
Wavin Hep2O Joint Testing Kit.
- Disconnect any non-Hep2O components that will not withstand the test pressure.
- Blank off all open ends using Hep2O blanking pegs.
- Connect pressure hose to system at a convenient point using a Hep2O socket.
- Close valve V2 and open valve V1.
- Completely fill system to be tested with water and purge all air.
- Raise pressure to test pressure and close valve V1.
- At end of test duration, tap gauge (to ensure pointer is ‘free') and read pressure on gauge. If there is no appreciable drop in pressure, the system is watertight.
- Release valve V1 and V2 to release pressure and drain system if necessary.
Note: If the system contains ANY earlier version grab-ring or SlimLine fitting, a further test to a maximum of 18 bar should always be undertaken, but any non-Hep2O appliances or fittings that will not withstand testing at 18 bar should be disconnected - check with other manufacturers instructions.
The duration of the test should be not less than 1 hour in accordance with BS 6700.
For more detailed information, please refer to Hep2O Installer Guide.